Saturday, January 22, 2011

Activites for the first days of school


Pooh's ideas

1. Put the lids on the pots.
Introduce the three pots and their lids. Show how the lids go on the pots.

2. Where's the ???
Using three different items for covering things, hide an item under the same cover each time. Ask where the ??? is. Move the covers around but hide the item under the same one each time.

3. Put the wooden egg in the egg cup and take it out.

4. Ball drop (we have a neat contraption I think B will enjoy)

5. Match the shoes.
Using 2 pairs of shoes to match first. Later add another pair.

6. Tunnel Crawling- We got a tunnel for C from Ikea for $20 and he LOVES crawling through it.

7. Laundry Basket rolling- C loves to get in the collapsible laundry basket and roll around in it. He will push on the side to get it to turn over and eventually tumble all around the room in it.

W's activities

1. Animal recognition
You start with two animals and say "this is the cow that saya mooo" and "this is the duck that says quack". Then you ask them "where is the cow that says moo?" once they can recognize those two you add more.

2. Number recognition
I have those foam bath numbers and I am going to try the same concept that you use with the animals and see if it works for numbers too.

3. Where's mommy?
B has been playing this for awhile and loves it! It is our own version of peek a boo. I take a blanket and cover my face and say where's mommy? She will then pull it down and I will say "there she is!" She LOVES it! Then I give her the blanket and say "where's B?" and she holds it up to her face to hide herself and comes out when I ask where she is!

4. Mirror learning
I am going to put her in front of a big mirror and try to teach her to find her nose and eyes etc.

5. grocery shopping
using empty cereal boxes or plastic vegtables etc. you get them to fill the bag while telling them what each item is. Over time you could say "put the tomato in the bag etc."

6. Crayons through the bucket
I have a small container that has circles on all sides and I am going to let her put crayons through the holes to teach her better fine motor skills. I did the q tip game with the container the other day and she was pretty good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment