Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Activity update 11 months

Matching shoes: not so good- he has no idea what I'm trying to get him to do.

Opening and closing: toy flip phone, old flip phone of mine, wipes container, wallet with snap, magnetic eyeglasses container. He REALLY spent a lot of time today and yesterday with the phones. This is one of those times where I nailed it! Yesterday the toy phone was the only one he could get open. Then today, after all that practice, he could do the real phone.

Sitting at table for snack: I first got his toddler table and was so gung ho that I had him eating every meal there. Of course, he was crawling all over the top and I was clueless. Then after thinking about it I realized that I threw a ton of new skills at him all at once. What was I to expect. Anyway, I have since backed off. I turned the table to face the wall and placed it against a shelf on one side. Then I put a plastic bin on the floor instead of the chair (which is too high). Finally I placed his snack there today in a suction cup bowl. He enjoyed walking around the table eating. He finished his whole snack and I liked that he was able to come and go as he wanted.

Looking at photo book of family: We have a scrapbook with page protectors that I slid pictures in. He is able to turn the pages on his own and spend lots of time with this.

Matching lids: He spent a lot of time today trying to put the lid on a baby food jar. He wasn't able to get it on but he really tried.

Hinged Photo box: I cut a slit in the lid for a poker chip. He LOVES this box and pushes it all around the house. He tries to put the chip in the slot but can't quite get it, so he opens the lid and puts it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment