Thursday, February 17, 2011

Essential Baby Gear (IMO)- My Faves Part 1


I was putting together a list of my faves for a friend and decided to publish it for others too.  Since most of it is available through Amazon I decided to monetize my site so I could earn money if anyone decides to buy something.  The money will fund travels home to see my mom. Every penny helps!









* Toddler Table and chair set by Tag toys: At 12 months my LO eats his snack at this table only he pushes the table around the kitchen as he does.  Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "eat and run".















*Baby Signing Time: Started this with C at 6 months. At 10 months he was signing back. His first sign was "milk" which meant he wanted to nurse. 
Baby Signing Time Volume 1 DVD. 

READ THIS!!!!!!

*Miracle Blanket: They really are Awesome!  I swaddled for several months and this kept my son's arms from getting out after he outgrew the hospital blankets.  This was too small at first and he would kick out his feet.  WARNING: You will eventually wean them from this.  Whenever you nurse/bottle feed and snuggle with them have a security object tucked in between you.  This will get them used to the item and when you transition from the swaddle they will have something that is comforting.  If you wait till you try to transition to introduce the security item it's too late!!!!! They won't take it.  I used a very soft velour Twin size blanket that I got from KOHLS.  I cut the blanket up into tiny squares and larger squares.  The small were for when he was little and now the larger one he uses at 19 months as a blanket.  I will never have to worry about loosing one b/c I still have tons of fabric to make more if I need to. 













*Pedipeds: Best shoes EVER! So soft and supple. Start with size 6-12months. Before that they only need socks. My LO is barefoot 95% of the time. I use shoes when we go out b/c he can take socks off too easily.











*Boogie Wipes: Super soft, gentle and will take off boogies and dried on cookie in one swipe. My fav. scent is original.  These have a strong scent but it is nice.












*Boon Spoon: This spoon is great for travel. Fill it and squirt the food out! Also great for a tot that is intent on grabbing the food container from you.












*Boon Bowl: This bowl sticks to the table but my LO can yank it up. At least it gives me a second or two to get to it b/f he dumps it.












*Munchkin Mesh Fresh Food feeder: Great for teething! C's favorite is nice cold apple chuncks and frozen mango.










 

BABYBJĂ–RN Baby Carrier Synergy:
Don't buy a carrier that doesn't have back support. I took my LO to the zoo for the day and my back didn't hurt after 2 hours of walking around.   He was only 8 lbs at the time, but still!
 










*Moby Wrap: cheaper than Bjorn and awesome too! Has back support but not as good as Bjorn's. This has a "close to baby feel" that bjorn doesn't. Great for soothing a fussy baby and your hands are free to tidy up, cook etc.

 










*Magic Bullet: MYO baby food and smoothies 4 mom.


*Munchkin drying rack for bottles. This folds flat for storage. NICE!

 












*Balmex: Redness is gone the next day.

*Tot Locks- I have these and the plastic ones that you push with your finger. I prefer the tot locks even though they cost more. The plastic ones allow a small gap that a little hand can squeeze through.









 









* Gownies - Maternity Hospital Gown : Best thing I ever bought myself! 

This was truly a gift for me and I wore the 2 I got for several weeks after the hospital too b/c they were great for nursing (comes undone at shoulder with snaps) and VERY comfortable with my C-section.  Snaps down the back too. 

BUY THESE! YOU WILL BE SO GLAD YOU DID! Buy them somewhere else if you think I'm just saying it to make money.  I LOVE MINE!  Every post prego mom should have something pretty and comfy to wear during and after delivery.  Treat yourself!

















No comments:

Post a Comment